Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thomas O'Malley

In September, Alex and I adopted our first pet together. He had been wanting a cat for a long time, and I have never had anything but dogs (and a fish) in my whole life. I have actually been allergic to cats for most of my life. But Alex used me getting a new job and it being a great day, to persuade me that it was a good idea to go to the shelter and look at cats. "Oh we'll just look," he said, "it will be fun," he said. And yes, it was fun, but we didn't just look.

Sure, we started out looking at the adorable kittens and the puppies, because lets be honest, that's what I really wanted anyway. (When I moved out of my parents house, I cried about having to leave my dog...) We both knew that we weren't in a great place to train a puppy and neither of us have the time really to devote to training a puppy and taking care of a dog; so that was out. But he convinced me that a cat would be easy to take care of.

Alex also wasn't sure if we would have the time to devote to training a kitten, and the older pets are always cheaper anyways. As we walked around, we went in one of the rooms and found a big, adorable, orange cat. He was so sweet and wasn't really afraid of us. We both instantly felt a draw to this sweet kitty.

 I had already told Alex that if we got an orange cat that was a boy, we would name him Thomas O'Malley, like from the Disney movie The Aristocats, so that made that decision easy. I kept trying to talk myself and Alex out of actually getting a cat, I mean could we really take care of a cat? But so far it is going well. We have had him for two months and he is the sweetest cat ever!! He actually has an Instagram page for those interested in that. Every day, when I come in the door,he is so happy to see me and he loves treats.

Thomas also has an Instagram account for anyone who loves adorable cat pictures like this one
Thomas O'Malley is a firm believer in the "If I Fits, I Sits" rule of thumb
Share with me the stories of how you got your fur babies, because all animals are important!

*I also was able to mark something off my Mid Twenties Bucket List you can go here and read the rest of the things I want to do before I turn 27

0 comments:

Post a Comment