Monday, June 6, 2016

Pinterest Monday: Recipe Roundup

Happy Monday everyone. Have you ever sat down at your computer or phone and opened up Pinterest, and then all of a sudden you look up and its three hours later? I hope I'm not the only one. Like most people, I have figured out that just because you see it on Pinterest, doesn't mean it is a good idea, but sometimes it ends up being a great idea! Being able to find recipes online at the click of a button is wonderful but you always run the risk of it not ending up as pretty as the picture made it seem like it would.



Today I am doing a fun roundup of recipes I have tried online that ended up being huge successes! 
  • Crockpot BBQ Ranch Chicken from The Frugal Girls: I actually made this chicken last night for dinner. We are in the middle of packing and wanted something easy for dinner so I just threw some chicken in the crockpot. The recipe originally said to put the chicken in the crockpot for 3 hours on high but I switched it to low for 6 hours. When I drained the chicken to add the BBQ sauce, it literally was falling off the bone, so our meal went from chicken legs to just pieces of chicken, but it tasted delicious. Alex loved it and even said it was something he could make for himself when I'm not here! 

  • Bacon Wrapped Chicken from Artys Fartsy Mama: Okay, this is one of my favorite recipes that I have made. I have made it multiple times and it is always delicious. Usually, I just get the chicken tender/thighs that are smaller than the chicken breasts so that they cook better and it isn't such big pieces. This is a delicious recipe that only requires a little prep and cooking it in the oven is nice because its easy cleanup, just one pan. 

  • Buffalo Chicken Dip from All Things Mamma: Alex actually introduced me to this recipe, because it is one of his favorites. He probably makes this recipe once a month, though he makes it in the oven. If you don't like hot sauce (like me) you can just add more ranch and less buffalo sauce. I have also seen it done with sour cream if you aren't a big ranch person. This is the perfect dip for a party/football game/gathering with food. 


  • Easy Ravioli Bake from Betty Crocker: Another recipe that I found on Pinterest that is quickly becoming a staple dinner for Alex and I. Literally you just layer some frozen ravioli, cheese and pasta sauce, throw it in the oven, and then enjoy! Made this at home with my family one night and added some cooked ground beef to it which made it taste even better. Though we found if you add any type of meat to the dish, use more pasta sauce. 

These are just a few of my favorite Pinterest finds that turned out to be great recipes. Do you have a favorite Pinterest recipe? Share a link to it below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment